With both Lenovo and Samsung launching phone in the same price range, competition has just gotten tougher. The Samsung Galaxy J7 and Lenovo Vibe P1 are two such phones which compete with each other for the same segment. Galaxy J7, targeted at the budget segment, is priced at Rs. 15990 and delivers a good performance overall. The Lenovo Vibe P1 is a direct competitor since it is also a mid-range handset with great features. While Galaxy J7 is equipped with the popular S-mode for riders, the Vibe P1 comes with a great battery of 5000mAh.
Launched along with the Galaxy J5, the Galaxy J7 does have a lot going for it. Its sturdy build quality, and matte finish at the back makes it really comfortable to use. The display has an accurate color reproduction and provides great contrast levels, viewing angles and sunlight legibility. The TouchWiz UI on top of the OS is newer and leaner which promises good speed and performance. It’s powered by Exynos octa core and runs on Lollipop.
The Lenovo Vibe P1 was launched last year and while it packs some mid-range hardware, its battery is clearly its highlight. With the 5000mAh battery it does live up to its tag line of being the ‘Power Player’. The Vibe P1 with its massive battery, fingerprint reader and metal body does stand out from the competition.
- Samsung Galaxy J7 and the Lenovo Vibe P1 come with a 5.5-inch full HD display. Galaxy J7 has a super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. The resolution of the Vibe P1 is 1920×1080 pixels and the screen is an IPS LCD unit with a Gorilla Glass 3 screen for protection.
- Though the body of Galaxy J7 is made of plastic, the build quality and finishing is still good which gives the handset a premium look. The Vibe P1 on the other hand has a metal body which doesn’t have a good finish and the plastic inserts on the top and the bottom of the phone gives the handset quite a shabby look.
- While Galaxy J7 is powered by a 1.6Ghz octa-core processor, the Vibe P1 has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 running the show. Both the phones however have a 2GB RAM.
- Vibe P1 was launched with Android 5.1 Lollipop while Galaxy J7 had Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Galaxy has a storage of 16GB while the Vibe P1 has 32 GB, both are expandable up to 128GB.
- Both phones have a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front camera.
- The battery however seems to be a major distinguishing point since the Samsung Glaxy J7 comes with a 3,300mAh battery which seems puny in comparison to the 5000 mAh one on the Lenovo Vibe P1.
Overall, though both the Samsung Galaxy J7 and the Lenovo Vibe P1 target the same segment audience and are in the same price range, they have features which appeal to different set of users.